Whether you drive a Ford truck, car or SUV, you’ll need to be aware of instances when your vehicle needs to be taken in for some routine maintenance. Determining when your car needs some maintenance is a cinch. You can either look over the routine maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual or consult the automotive experts in our Waconia Ford service center.
The Problem with Power Steering
Like other things, your automobile’s power steering system will require maintenance at certain mileage or time increments. This means reaching one of those thresholds is a sign that your system needs service. And sometimes your power steering system may need to undergo some repairs, instead of just routine maintenance. Luckily, while you have it in at our service center, we’ll be able to recognize when a power steering system needs repairs because it will likely exhibit some signs that it’s in distress.
Here are some of the signs that you can look for. If your vehicle’s power steering system exhibits any of the following, then it needs some attention from the professionals in our Ford service center near Chanhassen, MN:
- Your steering wheel vibrates or it feels too tight or loose
- Your vehicle pulls to the right or left side of the road
- You notice droplets of power steering fluid on the ground where your car was parked
- Your vehicle groans when you’re cruising down the road
- You hear whining or squealing when you make a turn
- Bubbles are evident when you check your power steering fluid
- The color of your power steering fluid has changed
Waconia Ford’s Service Center can Help
Does your automobile’s power steering system need some maintenance work or a repair? No matter what kind of service your vehicle needs, head over to Waconia Ford today for service you can count on.